Note: All Scripture quotations found in this article are from the text of the Authorized King James Version of the Bible.
The Tribulation will be an even week of seven years (Dan. 9:25, Gen. 29:27) in two periods of 3 1/2 years each (Rev. 11:2-3, 12:6, 13:5).
The purpose for the Tribulation period is to prepare for the arrival of the Lord Jesus Christ at His Second Coming. During the Tribulation the 144,000 witnesses(Revelation 7, 14) preach the gospel of the kingdom, which is not the same gospel that Paul preached. This gospel includes the law and was the gospel that the Jews originally rejected.
Matthew 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."
The purpose is also to bring the remnant of Israel to repentance, which is necessary for the Lord's return and fulfillment of God's promises to Israel. (Hosea 5:14, 6:3, Deut. 30:1-10, Josel 2:12-32, Micah 7:18-20, Jeremiah 31:31-34, Ezekiel 34:23-24, 37:24-25).
God's wrath will be poured out on the Gentiles that persecute the Jews during the Tribulation. These Gentiles will be led by the Antichrist during the Tribulation. (Isaiah 13:9-13, Ezekiel 38:16, 39:7, Zechariah 12:9, Revelation 6:1-17, 19:11, 20:3)
There are seven seals, trumpets and vials in the Tribulation. All of these are God's judgments being released.
A. The Seals
1. First Seal (Revelation 6:1-2) - The white horse rider deals with false peace in the Middle East. (Daniel 8:25, 9:27)
2. Second Seal (Revelation 6:3-4) - The red horse rider deals with conflict, bloodshed and war. This reveals the man of sin's false peace.
3. Third Seal (Revelation 6:5-6) - The black horse rider deals with famine and food rationing during the wars in the Tribulation.
4. Fourth Seal (Revelation 6:7-8) - The pale horse rider deals with death, war, disease, famine, insects and etc. It will show that the man of sin is the son of perdition. (Hebrews 2:14, Matthew 24:6-6)
5. Fifth Seal (Revelation 6:9-11) - The ones who refuse the Mark of the Beast will be killed.
6. Sixth Seal (Revelation 6:12-17) - The Second Coming of Jesus Christ where Jesus will avenge His people. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, Revelation 11:18, 19:11, Isaiah 63:1-4)
7. Seventh Seal (Revelation 8:1) - The silence in heaven and more judgments.
B. The Trumpets
1. First Trumpet (Revelation 8:7) - Storms, destruction of vegetation, plants, trees, food and fuel.
2. Second Trumpet (Revelation 8:8-9) - Volcanic eruption and sea of blood.
3. Third Trumpet (Revelation 8:10-11) - Meteoritic collision and water polluted
4. Fourth Trumpet (Revelation 8:12) - Judgment upon sun, moon and stars. Many of the trumpet judgments seem to correspond with the vial judgments. (Matthew 24:22)
5. Fifth Trumpet (Revelation 9:1-12) - Devils released from hell to inflict men for five months. People will seek death, but will not be able to die. This trumpets seems to correspond with the fourth horseman.
6. Sixth Trumpet (Revelation 9:13-21) - One third of mankind is slaughtered by two hundred million Satanic horsemen.
7. Seventh Trumpet (Revelation 11:15-17) - Nations will be under the rod of Jesus Christ.
C. The Vials
1. First Vial Revelation 16:2) - Leprous sores are caused from receiving the Mark of the Beast. (Exodus 9:10)
2. Second Vial (Revelation 16:3) - Sea of Blood
3. Third Vial (Revelation 16:4-7) - Fresh water into blood. (Exodus 7:20)
4. Fourth Vial (Revelation 16:8-9) - Intense heat from the sun.
5. Fifth Vial (Revelation 16:10-11) - Supernatural darkness. (Exodus 10:22)
6. Sixth Vial (Revelation 16:12-16) - Drying up of the Euphrates River in preparation for kings of the East. The kings may attack the Beast or will be connected with the Beast. (Daniel 11:44, Zechariah 12:1-9, Revelation 19:17-21)
7. Seventh Vial (Revelation 16:17-21) - Preparation for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. An earthquake divides Mystery Babylon into three parts. This earthquake will be the greatest earthquake in the history of the world.
That is the end of the judgments of the seals, trumpets and vials during the Tribulation. I will cover the Antichrist in my next article. Please make sure to look up all the scripture references in this article.