Note: All Scripture quotations found in this article are from the text of the Authorized King James Version of the Bible.
This article will deal with the prophecies of Jesus Christ's earthly ministry. Before Jesus Christ was even born, it was prophesied in the Old Testament that He would show up. One of the many reasons we know that the word of God has authority and is infallible is because of the fulfilled prophecies that are recorded in the Bible.
The Bible makes more than eight hundred prophecies and three hundred of them have already taken place literally with five hundred that remain to be fulfilled in the future. The mathematical probability of these prophecies being fulfilled is less than one out of ten to the 895th power. In other words, the word of God is true and has proven itself to be true. There are no other books in history, including religious and science books that have prophesied like the Holy King James Bible.
There are forty-eight prophecies about the Lord Jesus Christ's first coming as Messiah and they all came true in the New Testament. The chances of forty-eight prophecies coming to pass in the life of one man, when they were written four hundred to two thousand years before he was even born are about one out of ten to the 157th power. To give you an idea about how much that is, let's just say there are not that many electrons in the "known" universe.
Knowing all the fulfilled prophecy in the Bible should strengthen our faith in God and His word. There is no reason to spend any time in any other religious "faith" when Christianity is the only religion that has a book that has fulfilled prophecies time and time again in history and still has some to come true in the future.
Here are some prophecies that deal with Jesus' origin and life. The chances of these being fulfilled in the life of one man are one out of ten to the 97th power. That means one out of ten with ninety-seven zeros after it. Try writing that down on a sheet of paper. That is the equivalent of taking one grain of sand on one beach, wrapping it in tape, putting that grain of sand on another beach, burying it three feet deep and then telling someone to go find that grain of sand without telling him which beach it was located on. The Bible is true and no one has any reason to believe otherwise. Here are just SOME of the prophecies of Jesus that came true…
1. Jesus would come out of Israel (Num. 24:17-19)
2. Jesus would be descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Gen. 12:3, 17:19; Num. 24:17)
3. Jesus would be born of the family of David (Gen. 49:8-12; Isa. 11:1)
4. Jesus would be born in Bethlehem (Mic. 5:2)
5. Jesus would be born of a virgin (Isa. 7:14)
6. The time of Jesus' coming was specified (Dan. 9:25)
7. Jesus' coming was announced by a forerunner (Isa. 40:3-5)
8. Jesus would be God manifest in the flesh (Isa. 9:6)
9. Jesus would spend His childhood in Egypt (Hos. 11:1)
10. Jesus would suffer and make an atonement for sin (Isa. 53)
11. Jesus would enter Jerusalem on a colt the foal of an ass (Zech. 9:9)
12. Jesus would be given gall and vinegar in His agony (Ps. 69:21)
13. None of Jesus' bones would be broken, which is amazing because capital punishment for a Jew was stoning (Ps. 34:20)
14. Men would cast lots for His garments (Ps. 22:18)
15. Jesus would utter certain words in His dying agony, which were quoted before He was born (Ps. 22:1)
16. Jesus would rise from the dead (Ps. 16:10)
17. Jesus would be betrayed by a friend (Ps. 41:9)
18. Jesus would be sold for thirty pieces of silver (Zech. 11:12)
19. Jesus would be accused by false witnesses (Ps. 35:11)
20. Jesus would be spat upon and smitten (Isa. 50:6)
21. Jesus would be hated without a cause (Ps. 35:19)
22. Jesus would be scorned and mocked (Ps. 22:7)
All of those prophecies were written more than four hundred years before Jesus Christ was born. It is a fact that the Old Testament was written before the New Testament because Orthodox Jews were reading the Old Testament in synagogues way before John the Baptist showed up to announce that the Messiah was coming. One would have to be very dishonest and unintelligent to look over all the facts and prophecies in the Bible and say it was not the true word of God.
To imitate the twenty-two fulfilled prophecies of Jesus Christ that were just given, one would have to fulfill four requirements. First, get the statements of seven different writers a thousand years apart. Second, the writers would have to write the events without any known record from which to get their material. Third, the writers have to be unaware of one another's writings when they write. Fourth, the details of the prophecies have to be fulfilled far enough in the future so that there is no chance that the author could have used hindsight instead of foresight. No one can do that, but God!
There are forty-eight prophecies that come to pass in the life of Jesus Christ. Not only that, but in the Old Testament between Genesis 37 and 50 there are one hundred fifty-two prophetical parallels between the life of Joseph and Jesus Christ. Some of the parallels are that they both are shepherds, hated, betrayed and envied by brethren, sold for silver to Gentiles by brethren and both being innocent were put into prison. The book of Genesis, written by Moses (who lived fifteen hundred years before Jesus Christ was even born), gives one hundred fifty-two details of Christ's life. It is simply unexplainable. Only God could do such a thing.
All other religions compared to Christianity are fairy-tales. Mohammed, Confucius, Buddha, Charles Darwin and Joseph Smith never came close to making prophecies like the King James Bible has. The Holy Bible is still standing true today even after three thousand years of irrational, Satanic criticism.
No person reading this article could come up with a book or religion that gives eight hundred prophecies that will come to pass with three hundred of them already fulfilled. The fact is, the Bible is proved scientifically by mathematical phenomena.
God has taken the time to give man a book that is scientifically accurate with zero errors in it. May we all take the time to read it and study it daily. If you are an unbeliever and reading this, I hope that all of this evidence has shown you that the King James Bible and Jesus Christ are true.
Isaiah 44:6 "…I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. 7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it…and the things that are coming…let them shew unto them. 8…have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it?…Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."